Menopause Treatment in Glasgow West End
The Menopause is the last menstrual period. It happen due to changes in hormone levels especially oestrogen., the average age of the menopause in the UK is 51 years old.
The Menopause affects multiple systems in the body. If you are having symptoms of menopause and need help why not arrange a consultation with our menopause experts.
Short Term Effects
- Vasomotor symptoms (hot flushes occur in about 3 in 4 women. A typical hot flush lasts a few minutes and causes flushing of your face, neck and chest).
- Psychological (irritability, confusion, irritability, memory loss, depression )
- Period changes. The time between periods may shorten in some women around the menopause; in others, periods may become further apart, perhaps many months apart. It can also common for your periods to become a little heavier around the time of the menopause.
Long Term Effects
- Skin and hair. You tend to lose some skin protein (collagen) after the menopause. This can make your skin drier, thinner and more likely to itch.
- Genital area. Lack of oestrogen tends to cause the tissues in and around your vagina to become thinner and drier. These changes can take months or years to develop:
- Your vagina may shrink a little, and expand less easily during sex. You may experience some pain when you have sex.
- Your vulva (the skin next to your vagina) may become thin, dry, and itchy.
- You may notice that you need to pass urine more frequently.
- Some women develop problems with recurrent urine infections.
- Thinning of the bones (osteoporosis). As you become older, you gradually lose bone tissue. Your bones become less dense and less strong. The amount of bone loss can vary. If you have a lot of bone loss then you may develop osteoporosis. If you have osteoporosis, you have bones that will break (fracture) more easily than normal, especially if you have an injury such as a fall. Women lose bone tissue more rapidly than men lose it, especially after the menopause when the level of oestrogen falls. Oestrogen helps to protect against bone loss.
Latest From Our Blog
Quit Smoking in Glasgow - If you’re reading this it’s because you’re a smoker and you are thinking about stopping. Ultimately we only move in a certain direction for one of 2 reasons. Away from pain or towards pleasure. Using these principles, I have developed a...read more
Weight Loss in Glasgow - As you look ahead to 2018, think about how the ideal version of you could look and feel. As you picture this new and improved you, ask yourself what the single most important thing you can do to manage your weight, restore your health and take...read more
One Session to Quit Sugar - As you imagine the year ahead, think about how you would like to look and feel to be the best version of you? More importantly, ask yourself the following: What is the most significant step you could take to impact your weight, shape and...read more
I had a fantastic massage from Donna today. Totally professional and made me feel very welcome and at ease. I really liked how she asked me what scented oil I wanted with my massage.Was a nice personal touch! The pressure was good- firm as i like it and I left there relaxed, feeling pampered and wanting to book another asap. Thanks again Donna !Klaire Louise Kampbell