Hifu Non-Surgical Face Lift
What is HIFU?
High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) directly delivers heat energy to the skin and subcutaneous tissue that can stimulate and renew the skin’s collagen and thus consequently reducing the sagging of the skin. It can achieves the results of a facelift or a body lift without any invasive surgery or injections. Moreover an added bonus of this procedure is that there is no downtime, you can return to your normal activities straight away
What can HIFU treat?
It can treat following;
- Wrinkle reduction
- Tightening sagging skin in the neck
- Lifting the cheeks, eyebrows, and eyelids
- Enhancing jawline definition
- Tightening of the décolletage
- Smoothing the skin
- Face and neck
- Upper arms
*All areas of the body are suitable for this treatment. Normally a course of sessions are required to achieve best results
What are the benefits of HIFU?
- No downtime
- Painless procedure
- No cuts to the skin
- No need for strict sun avoidance
- Suitable for all skin types, including dark and tanned skin.
- More cost effective than a surgical face-lift
- Can be completed in an hour or less
- Noticeable results from the first treatment
Who is suitable for HIFU?
- Some tightening of the skin is normally observed after treatment and the effect can increase over the ensuing weeks due to new collagen formation in conjunction with retraction of connective tissue.
- The number needed will depend on the degree of tissue laxity. The effectiveness may be limited to the skins ability to rejuvenate.
- Patients who have mid to mild skin laxity are best suited to HIFU treatments. Those with more skin laxity may need more sessions overall to see results.
How many sessions will I need?
Your practitioner will guide you as to how many sessions you require to achieve your desired result, as it depends on the severity of your skin laxity. Generally you should expect to have between one – three treatments with a maintenance session once every 12 – 18 months to help battle the ageing process. Most patients see a result from the first session.
Is HIFU safe?
To date there have been a number of studies done on HIFU that demonstrate HIFU as a safe and effective treatment. Patients may experience some redness or swelling but these tend to disappear relatively quickly. In some rare instances it has been reported that patients can experience temporary nerve damage resulting in a minor drooping of the face. These rare occurrences are temporary and resolve themselves in a number of weeks.
Latest From Our Blog
Coming Out - Last week I returned from London ticking off a massive bucket list wish seeing Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie perform on the same stage at Hyde Park. To my surprise and delight it was also London’s LGBT Pride weekend, which was something new to me and I...read more
Body Re-shaping Treatment Here at Clinica Medica we thrive to improve and develop the principle of weight and body shape management. We do acknowledge that managing weight is a difficult and complex process. The reason being it is that it can caused by multifactorial...read more
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments We provide a wide range of aesthetic treatments with many skin rejuvenation treatments available. If you suffer from frown lines on the face or smokers lines we can help. Using our state of the art plasma pen for many of our treatments,...read more
I had a fantastic massage from Donna today. Totally professional and made me feel very welcome and at ease. I really liked how she asked me what scented oil I wanted with my massage.Was a nice personal touch! The pressure was good- firm as i like it and I left there relaxed, feeling pampered and wanting to book another asap. Thanks again Donna !