Hifu Non-Surgical Face Lift
What is HIFU?
High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) directly delivers heat energy to the skin and subcutaneous tissue that can stimulate and renew the skin’s collagen and thus consequently reducing the sagging of the skin. It can achieves the results of a facelift or a body lift without any invasive surgery or injections. Moreover an added bonus of this procedure is that there is no downtime, you can return to your normal activities straight away
What can HIFU treat?
It can treat the following;
- Wrinkle reduction
- Tightening sagging skin in the neck
- Lifting the cheeks, eyebrows, and eyelids
- Enhancing jawline definition
- Tightening of the décolletage
- Smoothing the skin
- Face and neck
- Upper arms
*All areas of the body are suitable for this treatment. Normally a course of sessions are required to achieve best results
What are the benefits of HIFU?
- No downtime
- Painless procedure
- No cuts to the skin
- No need for strict sun avoidance
- Suitable for all skin types, including dark and tanned skin.
- More cost effective than a surgical face-lift
- Can be completed in an hour or less
- Noticeable results from the first treatment
Who is suitable for HIFU?
- Some tightening of the skin is normally observed after treatment and the effect can increase over the ensuing weeks due to new collagen formation in conjunction with retraction of connective tissue.
- The number needed will depend on the degree of tissue laxity. The effectiveness may be limited to the skins ability to rejuvenate.
- Patients who have mid to mild skin laxity are best suited to HIFU treatments. Those with more skin laxity may need more sessions overall to see results.
How many sessions will I need?
Your practitioner will guide you as to how many sessions you require to achieve your desired result, as it depends on the severity of your skin laxity. Generally you should expect to have between one – three treatments with a maintenance session once every 12 – 18 months to help battle the ageing process. Most patients see a result from the first session.
Is HIFU safe?
To date there have been a number of studies done on HIFU that demonstrate HIFU as a safe and effective treatment. Patients may experience some redness or swelling but these tend to disappear relatively quickly. In some rare instances it has been reported that patients can experience temporary nerve damage resulting in a minor drooping of the face. These rare occurrences are temporary and resolve themselves in a number of weeks.
Latest From Our Blog
Laser skin resurfacing is a proven way to rejuvenate the skin, helping to reduce wrinkles, sun damage, acne scars, and other blemishes as well as tighten skin and balance tone. Our CO2 laser system is a popular choice for those looking to refresh and rejuvenate tired...
If you're fed up with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be worth considering. Laser hair removal is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles and the pigment in the...
Coming Out - Last week I returned from London ticking off a massive bucket list wish seeing Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie perform on the same stage at Hyde Park. To my surprise and delight it was also London’s LGBT Pride weekend, which was something new to me and I...
I had a fantastic massage from Donna today. Totally professional and made me feel very welcome and at ease. I really liked how she asked me what scented oil I wanted with my massage.Was a nice personal touch! The pressure was good- firm as i like it and I left there relaxed, feeling pampered and wanting to book another asap. Thanks again Donna !