Pelvic Floor Ageing & Repair
The Pelvic floor is the forgotten part of a woman’s body, that results in problems in a significant number of women and sometimes men too. These symptoms are best referred to as pelvic floor dysfunction. Pelvic floor dysfunction includes:
- Bowel problems
- Urine Problems
- Sexual dissatisfaction
Pelvic Dysfunction Treatment Glasgow
The extreme form of pelvic dysfunction will present itself with Prolapse this can be womb prolapse, Vaginal walls prolapse or rectal prolapse. Our aim is to interfere at early stages to stop the prolapse stages from happening.
Pelvic floor dysfunction can be present in women and men. Women are more sensitive to pelvic floor dysfunction for the following reasons:
- The presence of birth canal (vagina)
- Pregnancy increases pressure on pelvis
- Delivery will result in stretching the pelvic floor muscles and sometime tears (visible or not)
Pelvic Dysfunction Symptoms
There are many symptoms of Pelvic Dysfunction and here at Clinica Medica we can help treat with a range of treatments available.
- Pelvic Pain
- Pain during opening bowel
- Pain during passing water
- Pain during intercourse
- Genital area pain
- Tail bone pain
- Urine frequency
- Waking up to go to the toilet at night
- Stress incontinence
- Overflow incontinence
- Painful intercourse
- Possible episode of non-intentional incontinence
- All the above will result in stress and anxiety around sex and inevitably lack of libido
- The feeling of incomplete emptiness
- Difficulty opening bowel
- The need to open bowel frequently
What causes pelvic floor dysfunction?
Ageing process will result in gradual atrophy, significantly reduced thickness of external genitalia and vagina with significant reduction of function glands in the vaginal wall. Another factor to bear in mind the reduction of muscle mass in pelvic floor which will compound all these factors.
How can your pelvic floor be rejuvenated?
- Biofeedback this is non-painful non-surgical technique that can treat almost 75% of all pelvic floor dysfunction
- Medications: prescribed muscle relaxant or some time topical hormones to improve the health of the vagina
- Relaxation therapy: could in simple relaxation session, yoga, neurolinguistics practice
- Surgery: once the stage of prolapsed one of the option will be surgical, but as I mentioned earlier an early intervention better than later intervention. Surgical approaches has its downsides.
Latest From Our Blog
Laser skin resurfacing is a proven way to rejuvenate the skin, helping to reduce wrinkles, sun damage, acne scars, and other blemishes as well as tighten skin and balance tone. Our CO2 laser system is a popular choice for those looking to refresh and rejuvenate tired...
If you're fed up with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be worth considering. Laser hair removal is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles and the pigment in the...
Coming Out - Last week I returned from London ticking off a massive bucket list wish seeing Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie perform on the same stage at Hyde Park. To my surprise and delight it was also London’s LGBT Pride weekend, which was something new to me and I...
I had a fantastic massage from Donna today. Totally professional and made me feel very welcome and at ease. I really liked how she asked me what scented oil I wanted with my massage.Was a nice personal touch! The pressure was good- firm as i like it and I left there relaxed, feeling pampered and wanting to book another asap. Thanks again Donna !