Pelvic Floor Ageing & Repair
The Pelvic floor is the forgotten part of a woman’s body, that results in problems in a significant number of women and sometimes men too. These symptoms are best referred to as pelvic floor dysfunction. Pelvic floor dysfunction includes:
- Bowel problems
- Urine Problems
- Sexual dissatisfaction
Pelvic Dysfunction Treatment Glasgow
The extreme form of pelvic dysfunction will present itself with Prolapse this can be womb prolapse, Vaginal walls prolapse or rectal prolapse. Our aim is to interfere at early stages to stop the prolapse stages from happening.
Pelvic floor dysfunction can be present in women and men. Women are more sensitive to pelvic floor dysfunction for the following reasons:
- The presence of birth canal (vagina)
- Pregnancy increases pressure on pelvis
- Delivery will result in stretching the pelvic floor muscles and sometime tears (visible or not)
Pelvic Dysfunction Symptoms
There are many symptoms of Pelvic Dysfunction and here at Clinica Medica we can help treat with a range of treatments available.
- Pelvic Pain
- Pain during opening bowel
- Pain during passing water
- Pain during intercourse
- Genital area pain
- Tail bone pain
- Urine frequency
- Waking up to go to the toilet at night
- Stress incontinence
- Overflow incontinence
- Painful intercourse
- Possible episode of non-intentional incontinence
- All the above will result in stress and anxiety around sex and inevitably lack of libido
- The feeling of incomplete emptiness
- Difficulty opening bowel
- The need to open bowel frequently
What causes pelvic floor dysfunction?
Ageing process will result in gradual atrophy, significantly reduced thickness of external genitalia and vagina with significant reduction of function glands in the vaginal wall. Another factor to bear in mind the reduction of muscle mass in pelvic floor which will compound all these factors.
How can your pelvic floor be rejuvenated?
- Biofeedback this is non-painful non-surgical technique that can treat almost 75% of all pelvic floor dysfunction
- Medications: prescribed muscle relaxant or some time topical hormones to improve the health of the vagina
- Relaxation therapy: could in simple relaxation session, yoga, neurolinguistics practice
- Surgery: once the stage of prolapsed one of the option will be surgical, but as I mentioned earlier an early intervention better than later intervention. Surgical approaches has its downsides.
Latest From Our Blog
Coming Out - Last week I returned from London ticking off a massive bucket list wish seeing Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie perform on the same stage at Hyde Park. To my surprise and delight it was also London’s LGBT Pride weekend, which was something new to me and I...read more
Body Re-shaping Treatment Here at Clinica Medica we thrive to improve and develop the principle of weight and body shape management. We do acknowledge that managing weight is a difficult and complex process. The reason being it is that it can caused by multifactorial...read more
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments We provide a wide range of aesthetic treatments with many skin rejuvenation treatments available. If you suffer from frown lines on the face or smokers lines we can help. Using our state of the art plasma pen for many of our treatments,...read more
I had a fantastic massage from Donna today. Totally professional and made me feel very welcome and at ease. I really liked how she asked me what scented oil I wanted with my massage.Was a nice personal touch! The pressure was good- firm as i like it and I left there relaxed, feeling pampered and wanting to book another asap. Thanks again Donna !