Plasma Pen Treatments
Plasma is a non-invasive device the generates plasma through a targeted micro beam causing sublimation.
It delivers targeted treatment resulting in no influence on surrounding tissue.
Plasma can be used for a range of non-invasive treatments including:
wrinkle, sagging eyelids, intensive skin rebuilding, warts, stretch marks, fibroids and acne reduction.
Plasma Pen Treatments
During the procedure, the plasma causes some heating of the skin and this may cause some pain or a burning or tingling sensation. Local anaesthetic cream or an injection may be used to minimise any discomfort. Following treatment the area may be tender or there may be a residual burning or tingling sensation that may last a few hours. Tiny dark brown or black spots may appear where individual shots have been fired or a larger burn-like appearance may be seen where plasma has been ‘sprayed’.
The tiny spots will flake off over a few days (up to 2 weeks) and a burn will heal over a similar time period. Swelling is common and can be quite pronounced around the eyes, often worse the following morning and lasting for several days. At its worst, swelling can cause some interference with vision. Sometimes more than one treatment is required and a non-surgical blepharoplasty often needs 3 treatments at 6 weekly intervals to obtain surgical results.
During the healing period, a scab may appear over the treatment area or it may become a little sloughy. It is important to allow any spots or scabs fall off naturally otherwise scarring or infection may occur. It is important to keep the treated area clean, dry and protected using a broad spectrum sunscreen. Avoid exposing the area to extremes of heat or cold until it has fully healed. Mineral make-up may be applied. If the area becomes hot, red and tender or if there is any pus present, it is important to contact the clinic for further advice as this may indicate infection.
Plasma is considered a low-risk procedure however following treatment, there may be some pigment change seen at the treated area. The area may become lighter (hypopigmentation) or darker (hyperpigmentation) than the surrounding skin. The treatment may result in a scar. As hair follicles are easily damaged by Plasma, it is not unusual for there to be an area of alopecia (baldness) in the area that has been treated. The results following Plasma treatment often last years or may be permanent.
Plasma Pen Aftercare
- Immediately after treatment, there may be a burning sensation. This will usually resolve during the remainder of the day although if it is particularly uncomfortable or persists for a longer period, contact your treating practitioner for further advice
- Following treatment, it is normal to have some swelling. This can be significant around the eyes and can last for several days and may lead to interference with vision in the initial period.
- Cold compresses may be applied to reduce the swelling. If the swelling is more severe, an anti-inflammatory medication and/or anti-
- histamine may help alleviate the swelling.
- Crusting will usually develop over the treated area, this will often initially be brown or black on the surface of the skin and flake off over the following days. It may take over 2 weeks to completely disappear. It is essential to not pick at this crusting as this may lead to infection or scarring.
- Occasionally the treated area may become a little weepy, this is part of the normal healing process and will improve with time. However, if it starts to become hot or red or if there is any pus present, then please contact the clinic for advice as this may suggest an infection has developed.
- It is essential to keep the treatment area clean, dry and protected with a broad spectrum sunscreen. Do not use alcohol based cleansers.
- Do not apply a plaster or an occlusive dressing over the area. Often more than one treatment is needed for optimum results. There should be at least six weeks before any further Plasma in the same area.
Latest From Our Blog
Coming Out - Last week I returned from London ticking off a massive bucket list wish seeing Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie perform on the same stage at Hyde Park. To my surprise and delight it was also London’s LGBT Pride weekend, which was something new to me and I...read more
Body Re-shaping Treatment Here at Clinica Medica we thrive to improve and develop the principle of weight and body shape management. We do acknowledge that managing weight is a difficult and complex process. The reason being it is that it can caused by multifactorial...read more
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments We provide a wide range of aesthetic treatments with many skin rejuvenation treatments available. If you suffer from frown lines on the face or smokers lines we can help. Using our state of the art plasma pen for many of our treatments,...read more
I had a fantastic massage from Donna today. Totally professional and made me feel very welcome and at ease. I really liked how she asked me what scented oil I wanted with my massage.Was a nice personal touch! The pressure was good- firm as i like it and I left there relaxed, feeling pampered and wanting to book another asap. Thanks again Donna !