Plasma Pen Treatments
Plasma is a non-invasive device the generates plasma through a targeted micro beam causing sublimation.
It delivers targeted treatment resulting in no influence on surrounding tissue.
Plasma can be used for a range of non-invasive treatments including:
wrinkle, sagging eyelids, intensive skin rebuilding, warts, stretch marks, fibroids and acne reduction.
Plasma Pen Treatments
During the procedure, the plasma causes some heating of the skin and this may cause some pain or a burning or tingling sensation. Local anaesthetic cream or an injection may be used to minimise any discomfort. Following treatment the area may be tender or there may be a residual burning or tingling sensation that may last a few hours. Tiny dark brown or black spots may appear where individual shots have been fired or a larger burn-like appearance may be seen where plasma has been ‘sprayed’.
The tiny spots will flake off over a few days (up to 2 weeks) and a burn will heal over a similar time period. Swelling is common and can be quite pronounced around the eyes, often worse the following morning and lasting for several days. At its worst, swelling can cause some interference with vision. Sometimes more than one treatment is required and a non-surgical blepharoplasty often needs 3 treatments at 6 weekly intervals to obtain surgical results.
During the healing period, a scab may appear over the treatment area or it may become a little sloughy. It is important to allow any spots or scabs fall off naturally otherwise scarring or infection may occur. It is important to keep the treated area clean, dry and protected using a broad spectrum sunscreen. Avoid exposing the area to extremes of heat or cold until it has fully healed. Mineral make-up may be applied. If the area becomes hot, red and tender or if there is any pus present, it is important to contact the clinic for further advice as this may indicate infection.
Plasma is considered a low-risk procedure however following treatment, there may be some pigment change seen at the treated area. The area may become lighter (hypopigmentation) or darker (hyperpigmentation) than the surrounding skin. The treatment may result in a scar. As hair follicles are easily damaged by Plasma, it is not unusual for there to be an area of alopecia (baldness) in the area that has been treated. The results following Plasma treatment often last years or may be permanent.
Plasma Pen Aftercare
- Immediately after treatment, there may be a burning sensation. This will usually resolve during the remainder of the day although if it is particularly uncomfortable or persists for a longer period, contact your treating practitioner for further advice
- Following treatment, it is normal to have some swelling. This can be significant around the eyes and can last for several days and may lead to interference with vision in the initial period.
- Cold compresses may be applied to reduce the swelling. If the swelling is more severe, an anti-inflammatory medication and/or anti-
- histamine may help alleviate the swelling.
- Crusting will usually develop over the treated area, this will often initially be brown or black on the surface of the skin and flake off over the following days. It may take over 2 weeks to completely disappear. It is essential to not pick at this crusting as this may lead to infection or scarring.
- Occasionally the treated area may become a little weepy, this is part of the normal healing process and will improve with time. However, if it starts to become hot or red or if there is any pus present, then please contact the clinic for advice as this may suggest an infection has developed.
- It is essential to keep the treatment area clean, dry and protected with a broad spectrum sunscreen. Do not use alcohol based cleansers.
- Do not apply a plaster or an occlusive dressing over the area. Often more than one treatment is needed for optimum results. There should be at least six weeks before any further Plasma in the same area.
Latest From Our Blog
Quit Smoking in Glasgow - If you’re reading this it’s because you’re a smoker and you are thinking about stopping. Ultimately we only move in a certain direction for one of 2 reasons. Away from pain or towards pleasure. Using these principles, I have developed a...read more
Weight Loss in Glasgow - As you look ahead to 2018, think about how the ideal version of you could look and feel. As you picture this new and improved you, ask yourself what the single most important thing you can do to manage your weight, restore your health and take...read more
One Session to Quit Sugar - As you imagine the year ahead, think about how you would like to look and feel to be the best version of you? More importantly, ask yourself the following: What is the most significant step you could take to impact your weight, shape and...read more
I had a fantastic massage from Donna today. Totally professional and made me feel very welcome and at ease. I really liked how she asked me what scented oil I wanted with my massage.Was a nice personal touch! The pressure was good- firm as i like it and I left there relaxed, feeling pampered and wanting to book another asap. Thanks again Donna !