Psoriasis is a common skin condition that can be a few areas of itchy dry skin to major eruptions that can cover the body. There are different types of psoriasis that affect different parts of the body such as scalp and nails, under armpits and genitals, all have varying symptoms.
We are very aware that Psoriasis can be a distressing condition, it tends to run in families and can be worse in winter due to dryness, generally, it improves in the summer from exposure to sunlight which can help, but will worsen if the skin gets sunburned. There is no known cure for psoriasis however we can help to make the condition much easier to live with and the sufferer more comfortable.
- Consultation with Clinic Doctor or nurse.
- Prescription medication prescribed if required.
- A referral will be made to a dermatologist if necessary.
Recommended use of emollients for home care, to effectively hydrate skin.
- Topical retinoids
- Topical Vitamin D creams
- Scalp Psoriasis treated in clinic.
- Phototherapy using the body boost bed, the latest LED bed technology