Skin Pigmentation Treatment
Skin pigmentation disorders affect the colour of your skin. Your skin gets its colour from a pigment called melanin. Special cells in the skin called melanocytes make melanin. When these cells become damaged or unhealthy, it affects melanin production.
Some pigmentation disorders affect just patches of skin. Others affect your entire body. There are four main types of skin pigmentation conditions. Three of these cause changes in skin tone and colour as a person ages. One condition Albinism is present at birth.
The first three conditions- vitiligo, melasma, and solar lentigo- all share a common cause, sun exposure.
Skin Pigmentation Types & Treatment
Skin Pigmentation Treatments
- Consultation with Skin specialist.
- Prescription medication if required
- Mesotherapay skin brightening programme
- Topical application of Tyrosinase inhibiting cream
- Topical cosmeceuticals containing Vitamin A
- Cryo therapy for solar lentigenes